President Adama Barrow Appoints Defence Minister in a Mini Cabinet Re-shuffle
The Public is hereby informed that His Excellency, President Adama Barrow, acting under sections 71 (3), 71 (4), 167, and 168 of the 1997 Constitution of The Gambia has made the following changes in his Cabinet with effect from Thursday, 22nd August, 2019:
- Mr. Sheikh Omar Faye has been appointed as the Minister of Defence. Until his appointment, Mr Faye was Consul General in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Ebrima M. Mballow has been relieved of his duties as the Minister of Interior and re-deployed to the Foreign Service.
- Mr. Yankuba Sonko replaces Honourable Mballow as the Minister of Interior. He has previously served as Inspector General of The Gambia Police Force.
- Honorable Ebrima O. Camara has also been relieved of his appointment as the Secretary General and Head of the Civil Service and redeployed to the Foreign Service.
- Mr. Muhammed B.S. Jallow replaces Ebrima O. Camara as the Secretary General and Head of the Civil Service. Until his appointment, Mr. Jallow was Permanent Secretary at the Office of the President.